Twix Dough Ingredients
2½ cups Twix Candy Bars (about 10), divided
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
2¼ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line an 8" X 8" pan with parchment paper making sure there is paper over the edge. This will help when removing the bars from the pan.
2. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, beating again until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Add flour, ½ cup at a time. Make sure it is well combined and then add the rest of the flour. Mix well.
5. Dump dough into the prepared pan. Press down gently to the edges - don't pack it. (Laying a piece of wax paper over the dough before pressing down can assist with spreading and leveling.)
6. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until the top turns light brown. Let it completely cool.
7. For the dough rough chop the Twix bars. Reserve ½-¾ cup for topping the ganache.
8. Using a hand mixer and a medium size bowl, combine the butter and the two sugars. Mix until smooth.
9. Add the flour and salt. Mix until just combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
10. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until the dough is soft.
11. Add the chopped Twix bars and mix by hand until combined.
12. Put the dough on top of the cooled shortbread and press to the edges of the pan using a spatula or your fingers. Set aside.
13. For the ganache combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth. Whisk together until it thickens and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
14. Remove from refrigerator and spread chocolate over top of dough. Sprinkle with reserved Twix pieces.
15. Allow to set for 30 minutes in the refrigerator until firm. Store in fridge.