I hit rock bottom with my Sriracha addiction this morning. I was leaning over the sink at 9am with a rolled up piece of gouda in one hand and a bottle of Sriracha in the other when my painter asked what the hell I was eating. I don't even put the bottle down when I eat anymore. I have a death grip on the bottle so I can squirt it on every single bite. I've gotten to the point where I can't even see what I'm eating. And honestly it doesn't even matter. I could be eating a rock and I wouldn't know. I did manage to photograph this cake in between bites. St. Patrick's Day Pistachio Leprechaun Cake below y'all!
St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Pistachio Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
green food coloring gel
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together cake mix and pudding mix.
3. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil, almond extract and green food coloring.
4. Blend ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
5. Pour into prepared 10 inch tube pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.