Life is too short for fake cheese, fake butter, and fake people.
Enjoy the little things.
Appreciate the real things.
Love the people who treat you right.
And forget those who don't.
And then make yourself a big ol batch of savory cheddar waffles and invite all your real friends over for some mimosas. Yeah babbbbbbby!
Savory Cheddar Waffles with Fried Eggs
Ingredients for Waffles
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tbs melted butter
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs + (3 more for the fried eggs on top)
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
Ingredients for Fried Eggs
3 large eggs
1 tbs butter
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Place the two eggs in a second large bowl and whisk until just broken up. Add the milk and, while whisking, slowly pour in the two tbs of melted butter until combined.
3. Add the cheese and stir until combined.
4. Slowly add the milk-cheese mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until the flour is just incorporated, but very few few lumps, remain; set aside. DO NOT over mix.
5. Heat a waffle iron to medium according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Fill it with batter, close the lid, and cook until the waffle is golden brown. Transfer directly to a rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 3-4 fill round waffles.
6. In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, melt a tbs of butter and crack three eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and fry undisturbed until the eggwhites start to brown on the edges, but the yolks are still runny. This will take about about 4 to 5 minutes
7. Remove from the pan and serve over the waffle. Sprinkle with a little more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!