Friday Friday Friday. Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownie Cookies say Heyyyyyyyy.
These are so good for you.
Packed with healthy ingredients like butter, chocolate, and sugar. Yayyyyyyy.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownie Cookies
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
3 tbsp butter
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup all purpose flour, sifted
¼ tsp baking powder, sifted
Salted Caramel sauce (in a jar)
1. Place 7 oz of the chocolate chips (about 1¼ cup) and the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
2. Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat for 15 minutes (yes - 15 minutes!) or until pale and creamy.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture and the remaining chocolate chips. Mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a little less than one tablespoon of cookie dough on the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 6½ - 9 minutes or until the cookies are puffed and cracked. Remove from oven and cool completely.
6. Sandwich two cookies together and fill with salted caramel topping and top with a tiny bit of finishing salt.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay.