I carried the watermelon.
Yup I did.
I love that movie.
And I love these rice Krispie treat watermelon slices. Have a slice of happiness.
Rice Krispie Treat Watermelon Slices
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
25 large marshmallows
1 ½ tbsp butter
1-2 drops green food coloring
2 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
30 large marshmallows
2 tbsp butter
3-4 drops red food coloring
extra butter for pan
mini chocolate chips
1. Generously grease a springform pan with butter and set aside.
2. Green layer - Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add green food coloring. Stir. Add more if needed until it is the color you desire. Remove from heat and add cereal. Stir until completely coated.
3. Scoop cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Using buttered hands or a spoon press it around the outer edge of the pan to form a ring. Set aside.
4. Red layer - Repeat step 2 except add red food coloring. Scoop red cereal mixture into the center of the pan. Using buttered hands press to be level with the green outer ring. For a more uniform look place wax paper over the rings and firmly press a cake pan over it.
5. Allow mixture to cool. Place some mini chocolate chips on top as seeds.
6. Remove from springform pan. Slice into wedges and serve.