You can't have a rainbow without a little rain. And you can't have a Rainbow Rice Krispies Treat without a little hard work.
Nothing worth having comes easy. Xx
Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies
36 large marshmallows
3 tablespoons of butter
Small marshmallows for clouds
1. When making these Rainbow Rice Krispies treats you must be super organized. Spray an 8" x 8" square pan with nonstick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Next, line up your 6 food coloring gels with a toothpick in each one and set aside.
3. Set up 6 paper bowls and put 6 marshmallows and 1/2 tbs of butter into each bowl. Set aside.
4. Place the first paper bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 20 seconds. No more than that. Remove from the microwave and add a tiny amount of red food coloring gel. Stir just until color is mixed in. Do not over mix or you will have a hard Rice Krispies treat. Take this from someone who made them. Now add, one cup of Rice Krispies to this mix and stir together and press on the bottom of your pan.
5. Place the second paper bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 20 seconds. Remove from the microwave and add a tiny amount of orange food coloring gel. Stir just until color is mixed in. Do not over mix. Add, one cup of Rice Krispies to this mix and stir together and press on the top of the red Rice Krispies treat.
6. Continue this process until you have all the colors stacked on top of each other. Allow to cool on the counter for 25 minutes before cutting into bars.
7. Flip the giant Rice Krispies square onto the counter. Slice the Rice Krispies treat into rectangles so all of the colors are in each piece (Red being on the top). Carefully bend into a rainbow and place marshmallows on the bottom of each pieces so they look like clouds.