Effective Date: January 1, 2012
Information Collection and How it is Used
- Your username, Lilyshop ID or alias is displayed throughout Lilyshop (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your Lilyshop activity. Other people can see your purchases, items for sale, store, feedback, ratings and associated comments. You have the option to publicly display your full name.
- Lilyshop collects personal information when you register to use Lilyshop services or to post content on Lilyshop. At registration you are asked for your email address and certain other optional information.
- Lilyshop automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Lilyshop uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provisioning, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting. IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in Lilyshop's user registration databases when you register with Lilyshop. IP addresses may be used for various research purposes.
Lilyshop will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for Lilyshop's services. Receipt of this email is required for using Lilyshop's services.
Lilyshop will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account by emailing email@example.com from the email address you signed up with.
Lilyshop may periodically email you with administrative messages. Lilyshop will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Your information may be combined with information Lilyshop collects from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content and advertising.
“Cookies" are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you sign out from Lilyshop or close your web browser.
- Promoting and enforcing trust and safety
- Allowing you to enter your password less frequently
- Remembering your preferences
- Presenting information that’s targeted to your interests
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising
- Facilitating conversation threads and other services on discussion boards (these cookies are placed by our board service providers)
A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one Lilyshop page to another and to improve site performance.
Cookies or No Cookies
We use Flash cookies, which are cookies written with Flash technology, to help ensure that your account security is not compromised and to spot irregularities in behavior to prevent your account from being fraudulently taken over.
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with eBay and other legal restrictions. eBay does not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our websites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and Lilyshop's ability to keep the community free from bad shopkeepers, Lilyshop will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, legal process, or substantially similar legal procedure, except when Lilyshop believes in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect Lilyshop's rights, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
Lilyshop News or Feedback
If you comment on Lilyshop posts on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by others or could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Lilyshop is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Your Lilyshop account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Lilyshop follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Lilyshop receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Lilyshop does its best to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, Lilyshop cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Lilyshop's Web site, you can email Lilyshop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact Lilyshop's Support Team via our Help section.