There's a day for everything.
So without further adieu ....
Happy National Chocolate Mint Chip Day everyone!
Take a bite of these! Chocolate Mint Chip stuffed pancakes with a chocolate ganache drizzle. Um ok.
Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup mint chocolate chips
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
16 ounces (2 cups) heavy cream
* For this recipe You can either use a pancake mix or make your own. Below are directions to make pancakes from scratch. If you choose to use a boxed mix, just add the mint chips.
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter and mix until smooth, but don't over mix. Add in the 1 cup of mint chocolate chips.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. When large bubbles start to appear and pop on their own flip your pancake over and cook for about one more minute until just lightly brown.
3. To make the ganache, place your chopped chocolate in a bowl and set aside. Heat the heavy cream in a microwavable glass measuring cup and heat for 3 minutes on high, or until it just begins to simmer. Be careful not to allow cream to boil over.
4. Remove from the microwave and pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Process by pulsing several times until chocolate mixture is smooth. Pour over the pancakes.