Crepe cakes are all the rage apparently. I keep seeing them posted on Instagram and Pinterest so I decided to make one this week ... and we even have a Lilyshop How To video to go with it! This is a simple chocolate ganache crepe cake, but you can get creative with your fillings or even layer multiple colors to get a cool effect when you cut a slice. OMG, Fourth of July crepe cake?? I don't know why that just popped into my head. Mmmmmmm. Ok, so scroll down for the recipe and click on the video to watch me make this amazing cake. ALSO side note I will be on HGTV Handmade all next week doing some super fun DIY videos so make sure to subscribe to their channel so you can check them out!! Happy Wednesday everyone! Xx
Chocolate Ganache Crepe Cake
(20) store bought crepes or homemade crepes
10 oz quality chocolate (Semi, dark, or milk)
2 cups heavy cream
Cocoa powder for dusting
1. First you will need to make your crepes or buy 20 store bought crepes. The recipe tastes much better if you make your own, but remember they have to be completely cooled to use them in the cake. You can get a recipe to make your own crepes here: Homemade Crepes. If you want to make a taller cake you must double this entire recipe.
2. Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot.
3. When the cream has come to a boil, pour the cream over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until completely smooth.
4. Refrigerate until chilled and thickened. Remove from refrigerator and whisk again or use a stand mixer to mix everything until ganache is light and fluffy.
5. Spread ganache in between crepe layers and dust the top with cocoa powder or top with more ganache. Serve immediately.