Shamrock Green Tea Matcha Chocolate
14 oz premium white chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons green tea Matcha powder (plus more for dusting)
1. Cut the butter into small chunks and set aside.
2. Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Watch the cream carefully and when you see bubbles around the edge of the saucepan, remove from heat and switch pan to a cold burner.
3. Immediately add the white chocolate and butter and with a rubber spatula, repeatedly stir together until everything is combined.
4. Once the mixture is smooth add 2 tbsp of green Matcha tea powder, making sure to sift the powder before dumping it into the chocolate. This is important. If it's easier you can just sift the powder directly into the chocolate. Stir to combine and pour into a 9"x9" parchment lined baking dish.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, before cutting into squares or using a shamrock cookie cutter. You can dust the top of the chocolate with more powder simply by running it through a sifter. Store in refrigerator.
TIP: Making white chocolate is extremely temperamental and quite often it will seize up if you don't have a perfectly clean pan or you have water left over in your saucepan or left on your spoon etc. so make sure everything is clean and dry before making this. If your chocolate does seize up, you can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening and stir until it becomes soft again.