I like a lotttttta kisses. Hugging, kissing, touching. I'm one of those girls who invades your space on the couch when we're dating. I like to smush your face and talk a lot and then kiss and kiss some more. Probably annoying to some, but I must require a lot of love or something, because I'm definitely a roll in a ball tuck into your armpit, smothering kinda person.
These chocolate covered Rice Krispies kisses are aweeeeeesome!
Giant Chocolate Covered Rice Krispies Kiss
What you need
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
2 bags (Approx. 24oz) premium milk chocolate chips (I love Guittards)
1 tbs vegetable shortening
(1) 4" funnel
Non-stick baking spray
1. In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Spray funnel with non-stick spray. Just a small amount. If you spray too much it will change the flavor of Rice Krispies treat. Push the mix into the funnel until it's flush with the bottom. Using the tip of a knife pop it out and set it on parchment paper. Continue with the rest of the kisses. No need to spray in between. The initial spray is enough for the kisses to slide out each time.
4. Melt 1 bag (11.5 oz) of milk chocolate in a microwavable glass bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring in between each time. Once completely melted, add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening and the second bag of chips. Stir until everything is completely melted. The heat of the melted chips should melt the second batch so it's tempered.
5. Carefully dip your Rice Krispie kisses in chocolate or spread with a knife. We did the bottoms of ours first and popped them onto parchment paper then placed them in the freezer for a minute before continuing with the tops. Refrigerate all for 20 minutes then wrap in foil and serve!