Is it me or do you get all loopy when you drink too much coffee? I have had half of a Grande Starbucks Pike Roast coffee and I feel like my head is spinning. It's almost as if my eyes are too open and they are constantly spinning around the room. I also now have to pee, but I refuse to get up until I finish writing this blog post. What is that by the way? I always hold my pee. Like the world is going to collapse if I take a 2 minute break. Actually that's not it. The problem is, once you get up to pee, you then have to wash your hands. As soon as I wash my hands I realize I am thirsty so I get a drink of water. But as soon as I get a drink of water, I realize I am hungry so I always go into the pantry. Stepping into the pantry means several wasted minutes of blankly staring at cracker boxes, candy wrappers, and cereal. Then I always just grab a cracker and mentally tell myself not to eat anything else. I eat it while standing there, then grab a handful of crackers before I finally go back to my seat. As soon as I sit down and pile up my crackers next to my keyboard I realize I need to wash my hands because I have cheez-it crumbs on me. Then of course I need a paper towel and more water. I sit back down and realize I am seriously starvingggggg. It's always at that moment I realize my pee break turned into a full 25 minute ordeal so I might as well just take a lunch break. The next thing you know I'm scrolling through Instagram, picking lint off my sweater, watching TV, and making a list of what I need to buy at the grocery store. Hence the reason I refuse to pee until I am done writing this post.
By the way, I know I never discuss what I'm actually making on this blog. Not sure what other bloggers do, but there are only so many times I can talk about how ammmmmmazing my cookies are. But seriously, these cookies are great. I played with my original Chocolate Ganache Karma Cookie recipe and came up with this New Year Happy-Go-Lucky Funfetti version. I ate six yesterday and two this morning. OMG I have to pee. Xx
Funfetti White Chocolate Ganache Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons confetti sprinkles
6oz premium white chocolate chips
¼ cup heavy cream
Food color gel of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Add sprinkles and gently combine by hand.
4. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
5. Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
6. To prepare the white chocolate ganache use a medium sized glass bowl and melt half of your white chocolate chips at 30 second intervals (stirring in between), until completely melted. Add remaining chips to the melted chocolate and stir until all the chocolate has melted on it's own.
7. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat your heavy cream until very warm (30-45 seconds). Add the heavy cream to the melted chocolate and gently stir to combine, then beat until smooth.
8. Add your food color gel and stir. Keep adding as necessary to reach your desired color. Allow ganache to cool.
9. Spread 1 teaspoon of ganache on the flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie. Store in an airtight container.