Dear Cinnamon-Spice and Everything Nice,
I love you.
Your French toast roll ups have changed my life.
I welcome everyone into my happy place to try this recipe.
Do not judge yourself if you eat all 8.
Every bite is worth the regret you will feel later.
French Toast Roll Ups
8 slices of soft white sandwich bread
Peanut butter, Nutella, Cream Cheese, Boysenberry Jam
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter (for greasing the pan)
Maple syrup (for serving)
1. Trim the crust from the bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
2. Place about a teaspoon or 2 of your chosen filling an inch from one end of the bread spread out in a strip. Roll the bread up and repeat until they're all filled.
3. In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
5. In a skillet set over medium heat melt a tablespoon of butter.
6. Add the rolls to the egg turning to coat on all sides then place them in the pan seam side down. Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides. Add butter to the pan as needed.
7. Add the hot rolls from the pan to the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar. Serve with maple syrup.