I have made some pretty cool things in my 32 years. I discovered how to make the peppermint plate about two years ago. I thought is was a super awesome discovery until Karen was an evil genius this week and suggested we blow our own minds and make a freaking peppermint bowl. I said, "Karennnn are you sure?" "Can this be done?" Hmmmmmm. We thought and we thought and we attempted one bowl and only one bowl and it turned out perfect! Yeah it did. What more can you ask for!? Make one. Everybody is doing it.
1 bag of Red or green Starlite mints
Silicone baking mold - preferably 9" round
** Note: You could also use a baking sheet with parchment paper if you only want to make a plate.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a deep cereal bowl on your counter upside down. Cover the bowl with a piece of wax paper and set aside.
2. Unwrap all your mints and place them inside the silicone round. Keep them all super close together making sure to fill out the entire round. Get creative and make a design too!
3. Carefully place the silicone mold in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the mints are melted together. (I place my silicone mold on a baking sheet so it's easy to place in the oven) NOTE: Be sure to watch carefully as you do not want the mints to start to bubble. As soon as they are almost completely melted, pull from the oven.
4. Remove from oven and let cool on the counter for about 3 minutes so it's not liquid before turning it over onto your bowl. (If you wish to leave it as a plate, let it sit on your counter for 10 minutes before removing from the silicone mold) Flip the mint plate onto your bowl in the silicone mold and use the silicone to gently squish the edges in so it forms a bowl. Remove silicone mold and let cool on top of the bowl for another 5 minutes or until firm and completely cool.
4. Use bowl to hold Santa's cookies or to serve holiday treats! If you use it for ice cream, you have to toss it after as the mints will start to run together when the ice cream melts. I recommend placing the ice cream in the bowl right before serving.