I love when food doesn't look like food. I made these little flower dessert pots yesterday for my daughter's third birthday party and they were a total hit. These are super easy and obviously delicious. Kids and adults will both go crazy over them. The directions are below. Enjoy.
You need one standard pound cake. Store bought or handmade, it doesn't matter. Cut the pound cake into 1/2" slices.
Now, using a circle cookie cutter, cut 2 rounds out of each pound cake slice.
Place the pound cake rounds in the bottom of the flower pots and spoon in your chocolate pudding (leaving about a 1/2" of space on the top.
Crush in a bag or grind in a food processor 1 box of chocolate filled Oreo cookies
(Do not use the regular white filled kind).
Cover the pudding with the Oreo cookie crumbles.
Now you can add a sprig of mint or an edible flower to each flower pot.
Picture above for all you Pinterest Pinners : )
Earth Day Chocolate Pudding Pots
5.9 oz box of Instant Chocolate Pudding & Milk (Follow instructions)
20 mini flower pots
1 store bought pound cake
1 Box of chocolate Oreo Cookies
1 bundle of mint
1. Wash your flower pots! I put mine in the dishwasher and they looked perfect.
2. Cut 1/2" thick pieces of pound cake and set aside. Using a 1" round cookie cutter, cut two circles out of each slice of pound cake. This will be used to cover the small hole at the bottom of the flower pot so the pudding doesn't pour out.
3. Place the pound cake rounds in the bottom of the flower pots and spoon in your pudding (leaving about a 1/2" of space on the top.) *** Make the chocolate pudding according to the directions on the box.
4. Crush 1 box of chocolate filled Oreo cookies (not the white filled kind) in a bag or grind in a food processor.
5. Cover the pudding with the Oreo cookie crumbles.
6. Add a sprig of mint to each flower pot. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.