Oh heaven Oh my Holy Moly freaking amazing ridiculous best cookies ever whattttttttt. I got this recipe from Add A Pinch and I was thinking yeah, whatever, they look pretty good. And then Karen made them and I ate 12. Holy crap guys ...... you have to make these. I call them Karma Cookies. Don't ask me why, but when Karen and I were making them last week we were talking about Karma and something about their dark chocolate-y smooth filling made me think about all things good, bad, yummy and delicious. When you take a bite it feels like karma. Do good and good will come to you. Do bad and well .......
Make these cookies. Give them to your friends. Neighbors. Make them for Christmas. Or eat them all yourself. You get what you get.
It all comes around.
Chocolate Ganache Karma Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup coarse sugar for rolling cookies
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons brewed coffee
pinch of salt
Directions for Chocolate Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
3. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
4. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
5. Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of coarse sugar and roll to coat well.
6. Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Directions for Chocolate Ganache Filling
1. Add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the butter has melted and the cream is warmed throughout.
2. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to a large glass bowl.
3. Pour the warmed cream and butter mixture over the chocolate chips. Add in the brewed coffee and a pinch of salt.
4. Allow to stand for about 3-5 minutes to soften the chocolate chips completely. Stir briskly to combine and until smooth. Allow to cool.
5. Spread about 1 teaspoon of ganache filling on the flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie. Eat and repeat baby.
Original Recipe from Add A Pinch!